Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Since I'm up...

I've decided to share the useless fact that I've begun to reread Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami. The last time I attempted reading this book, I only got up to page 12...so I started over. Last night I finished at 4 in the morning, and found myself on the halfway mark of page 90.

Since it's summer, and I have no curfew or need to get up early in the morning anymore, my mind travels mindlessly through the night. It really is impossible for me to try and sleep before 3am now. My eyes feel heavy at the crack of dawn. The yawns don't start coming in until the sun is making its way up above the horizon. When I wake, my siblings have already eaten lunch. I feel dead when I wake up.

Which brings me back to my sleepless nights. No one is ever up when I'm up. Or maybe I just don't bother checking because I'm already assuming they're sleeping. But who would want to talk to me at a time like this anyways? There aren't a lot of people I could really talk to in the first place. I'm anticipating the future, where new people will flow in to(and possibly out of) my life. I seek new adventures...to test new waters. In 2 weeks, the start of a new beginning will arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment